I have been meaning to start this type of post within my Life in Pictures series for a while, after last month's iPhone post, Liquid. I don't carry my dslr around with me all of the time unless I know I am specifically going to shoot something, it is far too heavy and cumbersome. But as we all know, the best shots happen when you least expect them and they are most definitely not planned. So this is where my trusty iPhone comes in with the fantastic app that is Instagram, even though I am still getting into the habit of thinking of my phone as a camera. So for those who do not already follow me on Instagram (pink_bow) - I've put an Instagram button in my side panel on the right for easy access - or Twitter, every month I am going to do a round up of the previous month's Life in Pictures...
1. Trying to read more - Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, I would most heartily recommend this book.
2. I wasn't sure if I would take to yellow nails, so instead of splashing out on Chanel's Mimosa, I bought Top Shop's Bees Knees instead.
3. We had a beach/Hawaii themed day at work, this was as Hawaiian as I got!!
4. I hardly ever buy magazines anymore but this cover with Alexa Chung persuaded me otherwise.
5. My dress wardrobe was a nightmare, I dreaded opening it's doors to the 150+ dresses crammed inside. In fact, the doors could hardly close. So I had a tidy out, got rid of some dresses and colour-coded the rest. I did feel a little sad for doing so, but it really has made getting dressed on a morning so much easier.
6. The painted walls in Covent Garden's Ladurée were so pretty.
7. Had a day trip to London and went into Beyond Retro, didn't buy anything other than a tote bag though :-(
8. Went for lunch at Ladurée in Covent Garden, this was the second part of the meal.
9. The cake of all cakes in Ladurée, the Saint-Honorés.
10. I bought some tea and macarons from Ladurée for home and these were the last of them, enjoyed on a Saturday morning whilst browsing the web.
11. I think regular readers will know by now that I have a bit of a thing for lip balm and always have several on the go at the same time. So I couldn't resist trying this when I spotted it in Anthropologie in London. A favourite already, just the right consistency and tingle.
12. Another Anthropologie buy, I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and this will making cleaning my teeth that much nicer!